Week 3: Activity#3_2 (Conflict Management Diagram)

 

Situation 1: You are working on your research paper and you need to concentrate on it, but your brother plays his electric guitar despite you calling his attention many times.

Thoughts

a.    It would be nice for him to be a bit considerate.

b.    I would like him to stop until I’m not finished with what I’m doing.

Feelings

a.    I am irritated.

b.    I feel bothered.

Actions

a.    I would tell my parents to make him stop.

b.    I would tell him once more to pause what he is doing and tell him that he can continue as I finish my work.

Situation 2: Your teacher tells you that you that you have been selected as the representative of the school to compete for a division contest and this is your first time to participate in a competition.

Thoughts

a.    I would be skeptical at first then doubt myself for a bit afterwards.

b.    I need to prepare as soon as possible for the contest.

Feelings

a.    I would feel honored.

b.    I would be a bit nervous.

Actions

a.    I would start preparing for it.

b.    I would ask for help with regards to preparing for the contest.

Situation 3: You are the leader of your group and while presenting the concept that you worked hard on the whole night, your ideas failed to impress your classmates and this upsets you.

Thoughts

a.    Maybe they didn’t understand my idea the way I do.

b.    There might be other methods to further explain my idea.

Feelings

a.    I would feel disappointed that they couldn’t understand my points and ideas as I do.

b.    I would be more motivated to explain it further.

Actions

a.    I would try to explain it again, maybe on another method, given that there is still enough time.

b.    I would check my idea or point if it is even impressive at all. If not, I’d accept it and try again next time.

Comments