Week 3: Reflection#1

DISCUSSION QUESTIONS: (answer in 5-10 sentences per question)

1. What is the song all about? What are the main parts/messages of the song that give the story? Explain and give supporting statements found in the lyrics/message.

The main parts that gives the story or the message of the song are in the chorus. These are the lines, “Never mind, I'll find someone like you.” It tells a sad story about a person who is having a hard time moving on from her recent relationship while her past partner is already living a great life. This is supported by the lines, “I heard that you're settled down, That you found a girl and you're married now, I heard that your dreams came true.” Along with the line, "Only yesterday was the time of our lives.", this shows how the person is having a hard time accepting how their once joyful and fruitful days are now gone. Now, the person is struggling to find happiness once again, as she tries to find another person just like her recent partner.

2. Cite a line or lines in the song that touched or impacted you the most and explain why.

The line that had the most impact for me is the line, “I wish nothing but the best for you, too.” This line shows that even though the person is hurting, she still neglects from having a crab mentality. The person respects that her recent partner is now doing great. She just hopes that to also be happy by eventually finding another person like her recent partner. Although if I were in the situation, I would not bother to let my recent partner know that I am still hurt since I would not gain anything from doing so.

Comments